Curry PuffsFrom ponikuta 6 years ago
- 5 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 medium red onion (chopped finely) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kurma powder or chicken curry powder shopping list
- 2 tsp meat or chicken curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup of finely diced chicken meat (breast or thigh) shopping list
- 3 large potatoes (boiled and diced finely) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 salt shopping list
- PASTRY: shopping list
- 500g (1lb) plain flour shopping list
- 150g (5 oz) margarine or shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- To make pastry, mix flour with margarine, water, salt and knead well.
- Let it rest for 1/2 hour.
- While waiting for the dough, heat oil and fr onion gently until golden brown.
- Add the kurma powder, curry powder, chili, turmeric and fry gantly.
- Add the chicken, potatoes, sugar, pepper, salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix well and leave aside to cool.
- Cut the dough into circles (3 inches) in diameter when it is done.
- Pre-heat the oven if you decide to bake instead of deep frying at 180c.
- Fold pastry over to make a half circle and crimp at edges with egg white.
- Deep fry in oil until golden or bake 15-20 mins at 180c.
- TIP: Alternatively, you can buy pre-made pastry puff/dough instead of rolling the pin. Also, you can use a chicken rice bowl as a guide to cut into 3inch in diameter circles. Adding peas into the filling is a good idea to make the mouth feel of the snack more crunchier. You can use a fork to press down to seal the puff instead of crimping it. Brush egg yolk on the puffs if you want to bake it to give it the golden finish.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookponikuta Melbourne, AU
The Rating6 people
nice recipe, A little troublesome but the picture looks fantasticnakedchef in Taichung loved it
I love the attention to detail that you go through.
Great recipe I am saving this one
Michaeltrigger in loved it
delicious and so easy to make. can also subtitutes the stuffings the way u want.abbygrace in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!