Jicama And Shrimp Cocktail With Roasted Red Pepper SauceFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 large red bell peppers shopping list
- 6-oz ( about 24 medium-large ) shrimp, cleaned shell on tail shopping list
- 1 medium garlic clove shopping list
- 1 ½ cups fresh cilantro sprigs shopping list
- 2 Tbs. lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs. orange juice shopping list
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 small jicama ( about ¾ pound ), peeled and cut into strips shopping list
- 1 plum tomato, halved, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Place bell pepper on broiler pan Broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, about 6 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes or until all sides are charred. Transfer peppers to paper bag; close bag tightly. Let stand 10 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle and skins are loosened. Peel peppers; cut in half. Remove cores and membranes; discard.
- Add shrimp to large saucepan of boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Drain shrimp; rinse under cold running water. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place peppers and garlic in a food processer; process until peppers are coarsely chopped. Add cilantro, lime juice, orange juice and pepper sauce; process until cilantro is finely chopped but mixture is not pureed.
- Combine jicama, shrimp and tomato in a large bowl. Add bell pepper mixture; toss to coat evenly. Serve over lettuce.
- Nutritional Values Per Serving: Calories: 70, Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Sodium: 120mg
- NOTE: This is a Diabetic Friendly recipe.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
Quick N Easy121 members
Fish And Seafood306 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
My BEST Appetizer I Takemake For Parties110 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Brunch Bunch38 members
Easy But Darn Good80 members
All Things Seafood64 members