Easy And Quick Spring Veggie Minestone SoupFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 4 baby bok choy or 1/2 of a large bok choy shopping list
- 3 strips of bacon shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 28-oz can diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 carton chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup tubetti or tiny farfalle pasta shopping list
- 19-oz can white kidney beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse bok choy, separating leaves slightly to remove grit. Slice lengthwise into quarters.
- If using large bok choy, thinly slice. It should measure about 4 cups.
- Thickly slice bacon and place in a large saucepan set over medium.
- Cook until bacon is crispy, about 3 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare onion and carrot. Drain fat from pan, leaving about 1 tbsp.
- Add onion, carrot and tomatoes to bacon. Stir, then pour in broth. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, 5 to 10 min.
- While pasta is cooking, drain and rinse beans.
- Stir into soup along with bok choy.
- Simmer until bok choy starts to wilt, 3 more min. Stir in dill.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy with crusty bread or semmel.