Flour-less Italian Chocolate-almond TorteFrom bostonmargy 5 years ago
- butter or shortening, for the pan shopping list
- 1 cup (5 oz) unblanched or blanched whole or chopped almonds shopping list
- 7 oz unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, divided in half shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 7 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- unsweetened cocoa powder (for dusting) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, beaten to soft peaks shopping list
How to make it
- Position an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan with removable base. Line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment paper cut to fit. Butter the pan, or apply shortening.
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, chocolate, 1/2 cup of the sugar and the salt. Pulse until the almonds and chocolate are finely chopped but not pulverized or powdered.
- In an electric mixer beat the eff whites with cream of tartar until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and conbtinue beating until the whites are stiff but not dry.
- With a large metal spoon, fold 1/3 of the nut-chocolate mixture into the whites. Then fold in half the remaining mixture, then the remaining mixture.
- Spread the batter in the pan and smooth the top. bake the torte for 25-30 minutes, or until it rises and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with a little melted chocolate. Set on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes
- Unlatch the spring and lift off the band. Use a wide metal spatula to slide the cake onto a platter, carefully removing the parchment paper. Let the cake cool completely.
- Dust with cocoa and serve with whipped cream
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
The Rating4 people
Sounds delish!!!californiacook in loved it
wonderful post..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
~LOVELY~ "5"FORK!!!!! Recipe~
I look forward to the day
I 'Bake & Taste'~
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!