Cheese Stuffed Pork ChopsFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 4 bone-in tghick pork chops(6 to 8 oz ea) shopping list
- 1/2 med head escarole shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 4 Tbs extra vorgin olive oil,plus more for brushing shopping list
- ground pepper shopping list
- 4 slices provolone cheese(about 2 oz) shopping list
- 4 fresh sage leaves,chopped shopping list
- 1 19 oz can cannellini beans,drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve 1/4 c salt and the sugar in 3 cups warm water in large bowl.Insert paring knife into curved side of each pork chop to make deep pocket,about 2 " wide. Soak the chops in the brine for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile,finely chop the escarole and garlic. Toss with 2 Tbs olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chops from brine;pat dry. Fold each cheese slice and tuck into the pocket of pork chop,then stuff with the escarole mixture. Brush the pork with olive oil,sprinkle with sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbs olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Sear the pork in batches,turning once,until golden brown,3 to 4 mins. Transfer to plate. Add the beans and 1/3 c water to the skillet,scraping up browned bits;season with salt and pepper. Return pork to the skillet;cover and cook over med. heat until no longer ink,5 to 7 mins more. Sweve pork with beans.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Pork chops, Escarole and cheese. You had me from hello. Thank you!doubled in Upstate loved it
sounds like dinner! thanks pleclare!andiecooks in home loved it
Nice recipe!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it