Chicken Cordon BleuFrom army88mwife 4 years ago
- 4 bonless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 1/2 - cups parmesan cheese shopping list
- 8 - thick slices kraft swiss cheese shopping list
- 4-6 eggs shopping list
- 3 - cups progresso italian style bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 - package hillshire farm honey ham shopping list
- tooth picks shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
How to make it
- * preheat oven to 350
- * grab 3 bowls, a knife and cutting board, and a baking dish.
- * In baking dish ( i use glass ) lightly coat it with extra virgin olive oil or spray
- * in 1 bowl crack open the eggs and beat them up
- * in the other bowl add bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (mix together)
- * In the 3rd bowl add 2 cups of parmesan ( you may need more)
- * on cutting board slice the chicken breasts lengthwise NOT IN HALF so you have a total of 8 pieces that you can roll. (some dont turn out the best lookin and thats ok.
- *season the chicken with garlic salt on each side
- * after you season the chicken you take one piece and lay it in the parmesan bowl and coat both sides.
- * After that lay the chicken out and place 2-3 slices of ham and 1 slice of swiss cheese in the middle.
- * roll the chicken up and use 3-4 toothpicks to hold it together ( sometimes its tricky but no worries it doesnt have to be perfect)
- * After rolled up, carefully roll it in the egg wash
- * Then place it in the bread crumbs, make sure you coat all of the chicken on the outside.
- * Place chicken in the baking dish.
- * repeat steps until all the chicken is in the pan.
- * discard parmesan mix, crumbs, and egg wash when finished.
- place in oven for approx. 30min....let sit for a little bit to cool down then remove tooth picks (sometimes I have to use scissors to pull them out).
- (Great served with rosemary potatoes, salad, or veggies.)
The Cookarmy88mwife Spanaway, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!