Low Carb Bakers Wifes Cauliflower and PotatoesFrom ttaaccoo 6 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- a handful (8 or 9) Thai shallots, peeled, cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 leek , cleaned, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 of a large cauliflower, sliced thinly shopping list
- 3 red potatoes , peeled and sliced thinly shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup vermouth shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Melt butter in baking dish, and spread up sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauli/potatoes with the onions (of choice) and the stock and wine plus the thyme and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Pour into baking dish (10 inch Pyrex square dish-I use), and bake until the veggies are soft and golden, and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Full of flavor and enough of the mouth feel of potatoes to please .
- If the sublime flavors are preferred, pre-cook the onions of choice in a low heat covered skillet before tossing all together. Garlic would be nice in this "full of flavor" example. or anchovies!! Make it your own!!
- and this took the same temp as the ham!! (a one oven kitchen)
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating4 people
sounds different. I love cauliflower & potatoes, will need to try this, thanks for the post
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
Awesome flavors. Thanks for sharing.
Nada :)nadaism in Bathurst loved it
After almost 2 years, I finally got my girlfriend to try (and like) cauliflower, so thanks for this awesome dish for me to attempt. Unfortunately, vermouth doesn't fit into my budget, so I looked up substitutes and found this on yahoo answers:
&...morechefmal in Bronx loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!