Bare Assed Strawberry PieFrom dugger 5 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and clean the berries. Cut off the tops and quarter the berries.
- Place the berries in a bowl and add the cup of sugar. Cover and let em percolate for two hours. See Photo
- Put a collander or strainer inside a medium saucepan See Photo. Pour in the berry mixture.
- After about 1/2 hour the juice from the berries should have settled into the saucepan. Remove the berries and reserve for later.
- Place the saucepan with the liquid nectar on a high heat burner and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp of Cornstarch and stir contantly. About 8 minutes.
- Now here is the tricky part. Cornstarch only thickens if the heat is high enough (ie boiling) Depending on the amount of juice produced you may want to add the third tbsp of cornstarch to make the mixture thick enough.
- When the desired thickness is reached, reduce the heat to a high simmer. Add the berries. Mix together and then add to the pie crust. See Photo
- Chill for two hours and you are ready~. Slice and serve!
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating7 people
Okay, your wife's mother gets a 5. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Thanks for an easy and delicious pie!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yummy!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!