Sleepy Time Oat-RisottoFrom nadaism 4 years ago
- 2 cups vegetable broth (2 large vegie cubes melted into hot water) shopping list
- 1 cup quick cooking oats. shopping list
- 1 tea bag of 'Sleepytime tea' herbs includes (camomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tillia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries and rosebuds.) shopping list
- 4 medium chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 firm avocado chopped shopping list
- 3 chopped garlic cloves shopping list
- 15 cm chopped leek shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or macadamia/olive oil margarine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan add the hot vegie broth
- Add the oats
- Sleapytime tea herbs
- Cook for 5 minutes, stir frequently
- Add garlic leek mushrooms avocado
- Cook and Stir frequently for approx 20 minutes more.
- Add the butter and fold through at the end.
- Serve in a deep dish - helps to retain the heat longer when served.
- Savour the subtle harmony of flavors - slowly - a slow release of carbs from the oats - before adding the parmesan cheese..
- Add parmesan cheese after several mouthfuls.
The Cooknadaism Bathurst, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!