Chocolate-Chile CakeFrom chef2 4 years ago
- chocolate-Chile cake shopping list
- Try this mildly spicy flourless cake shopping list
- 12 Servings shopping list
- Prep 35 min + chilling Bake 1 hour shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup brewed espresso or coffee shopping list
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 8 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- Fresh berries, for serving shopping list
- Top this shopping list
- Serve with dulce de leche or cinnamon ice cream. shopping list
How to make it
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 375°. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Wrap heavy-duty foil around the bottom and sides of the pan and press tightly to seal.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the espresso, brown sugar and cinnamon sticks and simmer over low heat until fragrant, about 20 minutes. Discard the cinnamon sticks. Add the butter and cayenne and stir until the butter is melted. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate and whisk into the coffee mixture until melted; whisk in the eggs. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Place the pan inside a larger ovenproof pan and pour in enough water to reach halfway up the sides. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the pan from the water bath, set on a rack to cool slightly, then refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Run a wet knife around the edge of the cake, then remove the foil and release the springform. Place a platter over the cake and invert. Remove the bottom of the pan and discard the parchment. Slice the cake and serve with the berries.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
I want a HUGE slice "right now"!
I think I am Chocolate deprived & depraved!
~Photo~FLAGGED~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This sounds AWESOME! 5 forks! Bookmarked and can't wait to try.. thanks! Lizlizzconn in Naas Co Kildare loved it