Mexican Fried Ice CreamFrom rodeogirl73 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place six scoops about 1/2 cup each of ice cream in a small pan (freeze for 1 hour).
- Combine eggs, vanilla in a small mixing bowl. In pie plate combine cereal and cinnamon.
- Dip each frozen ice cream ball in egg mixture.
- Then in cereal mixture.
- Return coated ice cream balls to pan and freeze (1 hour) or until firm.
- Reserve remaining cereal mixture.
- Cover and chill remaining egg mixture.
- Remove coated ice cream ball from freezer.
- Dip ball in remaining egg and cereal mixture, return to pan.
- Cover and freeze for several hours.
- Fry frozen ice cream balls (1 or 2 at a time) in deep hot oil at 350 degrees in deep frying pan or deep fryer, 15 seconds or until brown (golden brown).
- Drain a few seconds, return ice cream balls to freezer while frying remaining ones.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!