Creamy Cauliflower SoupFrom joyride 3 years ago
- 2 cups cauliflower florets shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 cans (13 ounce each) chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- In a one quart saucepan, add 1/2 cup water to cauliflower and onions.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until florets are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour cooked cauliflower and liquid into work bowl of food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth; (this should be done with half of the cauliflower and liquid at a time to avoid spilling over) set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat butter until bubbly; add flour and cook, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Add pureed vegetables and seasonings to saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring until thoroughly combined and heated.