Not Just For Christmas Pepper JellyFrom joyride 6 years ago
- 3 or 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped shopping list
- use more jalapeno if hotter jelly is desired shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 package (6 ounces) liquid fruit pectin shopping list
- green or red liquid food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Combine peppers, sugar, and vinegar in a nonaluminum saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 3 minutes; stir in pectin.
- Boil, stirring constantly, one minute.
- Remove from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Remove pieces of peppers.
- Add amount of food coloring to obtain desired shade of red or green
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top.
- Wipe jar rims to obtain optimum seal.
- Cover at once with metal lids, and screw-on bands; cool completely.
- Jars will seal as they cool.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serfve with cream cheese and a variety of crackers or use as a side dish as a relish to accompany meats.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjoyride Spotsylvania, VA
The Rating7 people
this is one of my favorite jellies...love it with cream cheese or on cheese.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This 'Southern Recipe' is GREAT served
so many ways! "5"FORK!!!!!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This is so good. Thanks for the recipe. Haven't had it in so long; what a nice reminder.tablescape in loved it