Beef Stroganoff - Home Made StyleFrom merlioninvancouver 6 years ago
- 1½ pounds (600 gm) lean sirloin beef steak shopping list
- 6 - 8 white button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 3 medium onions chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef stock shopping list
- 5½ ounce (156 ml) can of tomato paste shopping list
- 1½ cups (375 ml) sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 handful parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbspns of butter shopping list
- Hot cooked fettuccine noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Trim excess fat from the beef and cut into 1/2" x 2" ( 1 cm x 5 cm) strips across the grain of the meat.
- Coat the beef strips with the flour and worcestershire sauce and let sit awhile.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot, add the oil and cook the beef strips quickly - cooking in about three batches so that it fries and grills and doesn't start to stew (you want to cook the beef quickly, browning on each side, so the pot needs to be hot).
- Remove the beef when done.
- To the hot pan add the butter and stir up all the beef remnants.
- Add the onion and continue to saute
- Then add the garlic and mushrooms.
- Add the tomato paste and the beef stock and , mix well, bring to a boil and continue to simmer.
- Reduce the heat
- Pour the sour cream to the pan, stirring well.
- Now that the sour cream is in do NOT allow to boil but maintain the temperature until pasta and side dishes are ready.
- When serving, sprinkle with the parsley.