Farm House MeatloafFrom hungrybear 5 years ago
- 2 slices white bread or 2 white dinner rolls, crumbled shopping list
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce or catsup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Combine bell pepper, onion, evaporated milk and egg in the bowl of a food processor and process until well blended. Pour over bread crumbs and stir until crumbs are moistened. Add salt and pepper. Add ground beef, stirring well to combine. Place in prepared pan and top with chile sauce or ketchup. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.
- Makes 8 servings.