Beef and Barley SoupFrom ginger 7 years ago
- 2 c. of diced cooked beef shopping list
- 10 c. of beef stock shopping list
- 3/4 c. of barley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh chopped thyme shopping list
- 1/2 c. of red wine shopping list
- 2 c. of cubed potatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of chopped onion shopping list
- 1 c. of chopped celery shopping list
- 1 c. of chopped carrots shopping list
- 2 cloves pf minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. of browning sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of chopped cabbage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to take some olive oil in medium pot over medium flame.
- Saute the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic approx. 5 min.
- Now add in the beef stock, barley, bay leaf, and the thyme until barley is tender.
- Next add in the wine, potatoes, and the beef.
- You can add in the browning and seasoning sauce
- Let this siimer approx. 15 min and add the cabbage.
- This will need to simmer another 15 min until all veggies are tender.
- Ladle and serve.
The Cookginger Anderson, CA
The Rating4 people
Comfort food at it's finest. Delicious.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Like Linebb956 a few years back, I was looking for a beef-barley soup to use up leftover pot roast. This is perfect! The cabbage adds a yummy, nutritious extra touch and texture to a traditional winter warmer. Thanks!lagoulue in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!