Goan Beef CurryFrom scotslass 5 years ago
- 2 lb of cubed stew beef shopping list
- 1 can of coconut milk shopping list
- 2 chopped onions shopping list
- 7 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- piece ginger, grated (3 inch.) shopping list
- 10 cardamom pods shopping list
- 6 cloves shopping list
- 4 tsp coriander seed shopping list
- 4 tsp cumin seed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp fenugreek seed shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or more if you like heat. shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods.
- Place them in a grinder with the fenugreek seeds, cloves, fennel, coriander and cumin seeds and grind until you get a fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and fry the onion, ginger and garlic until light brown.
- Add the ground spices including the cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne powder, fry for another minute.
- Add the can of coconut milk, simmer slowly until beef is cooked through and tender (about an hour) Add more water if the curry dries out too much.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
The Cookscotslass Lexington, MA
The Rating2 people
Yummy it is soooooooo cold here now, perfect to warm me up great recipe.....*****high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
This looks good. I am shamed to admit that I use a curry powder that we get from Fiji, which is just down the road, so to speak. Fiji has a large Indian population and the curry powder is great but I like to go from scratch. Some of the spices you us...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!