Creamy Mussel StarterFrom tinadc 7 years ago
- 800 G mussels WITHOUT SHELLS (I PREFER THEM IN THE SHELLS BUT THEN YOU MUST MAKE 100% SURE THEY ARE FRESH - WASH AND RINSE THEM BEFORE YOU COOK THEM ----- WHEN I SERVE I TAKE THEM OUT OF THE SHELLS BUT LEAVE A FEW IN TO USE THE SHELLS AS A 'SPOON') shopping list
- 400 ML PREPARED white sauce (IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE MOOD TO MAKE YOUR OWN . ....BUT YOU SHOULD IT IS EASY) shopping list
- 1 BIT OF water TO COOK THEM IN (OR IF YOU LIKE dry white wine) shopping list
- 3 ML DRY coriander shopping list
- 5 ML FRESHLY ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 ML DRY herbs shopping list
- 5 ML celery salt shopping list
- 12M L fresh cream shopping list
- 65 G CAN tomato paste shopping list
- 1 LOAF WHOLEWHEAT SEED bread) shopping list
How to make it
- BOIL THE MUSSELS IN LIGHTLY SALTED WATER, 6 MINUTES OR UNTIL COOKED (IF YOU USE FRESH MUSSELS THEY MUST BE CLOSED BEFORE YOU COOK THEM AND OPEN AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN COOKED----- PLEASE PLEASE DISREGARD THE ONES THAT REMAINS CLOSED IT IS POISONOUS THEN)
- DRAIN WELL, SET ASIDE.
- COMBINE WHITE SAUCE WITH SEASONINS, BRING TO BOIL, STIRRING.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT, STIR IN CREAM, MUSSELS AND TOMATO PASTE.
- RETURN TO HEAT, HEAT THROUGH GENTLY.
- SERVE AT ONCE IN A BOWL AS A SPREAT WITH WHOLEWHET BREAD.
- PS: OR LIKE ME CURL UP ON THE COACH WITH A GOOD WINE INDULDGE
- ENJOY :)
The Cooktinadc Cape Town, ZA
The Rating6 people
I love it :)
i'm not crazy about the tomato edition but I will try it this way and then without.
thanks for the post :)andreac in Cape Town loved it
Love mussels and this looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I love mussels. I adore mussels. I crave mussels and this looks a great mussel recipe, with your wine for the tomato sauce switch. However, 800 mussels is one or two too many, even for me. I am going to do this, but with something less than 800 muss...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!