Cold Green Bean and Tomato SaladFrom ninjamama 7 years ago
- 1lb fresh green beans, ends snapped, but kept long shopping list
- one package of grape tomatoes, halved (about a cup to a cup and a half) shopping list
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 TBLS salt shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and 2 TBSP salt, add green beans, cook until cooked through, but still very firm (eat one to test!)
- Drain water from green beans, add very cold tap water and ICE to green beans for a quick chill.
- In a small mixing bowl, add oil, start whisking briskly, slowly add vinegar. (you should see it turn almost creamy, and thicker in texture)
- Stir in salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, add chilled green beans and tomatoes
- Drizzle oil mixture over and toss to evenly coat.
- **For a yummy way to mix it up, you can also add quartered, boiled, small red potatoes (But you may want to double the dressing)
- This salad is best when its had a chance to sit for a while (or even over night) in the fridge, just make sure you toss it well before serving!
The Cookninjamama Vancouver, WA
The Rating5 people
I REALLY do love your asian cucumber salad recipe! I will post a variation if trying it without the salt bath makes it any more crisp. I am definately going to try your green bean and tomato salad next. It looks too outrageously good to pass up! Than...moredamiadedannon in loved it
Great recipe for the green beans my. mother-in-law brought from Michigan and the mini heirloom tomatoes I had in the fridge from Trader Joe's. Also threw in a handful of slivered almonds. Thanks for posting!karnelson84 in loved it
I have made this twice now and everybody still wants me to make it again,raventx1 in Houston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!