Cold Green Bean and Tomato SaladFrom ninjamama 7 years ago
- 1lb fresh green beans, ends snapped, but kept long shopping list
- one package of grape tomatoes, halved (about a cup to a cup and a half) shopping list
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 TBLS salt shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and 2 TBSP salt, add green beans, cook until cooked through, but still very firm (eat one to test!)
- Drain water from green beans, add very cold tap water and ICE to green beans for a quick chill.
- In a small mixing bowl, add oil, start whisking briskly, slowly add vinegar. (you should see it turn almost creamy, and thicker in texture)
- Stir in salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, add chilled green beans and tomatoes
- Drizzle oil mixture over and toss to evenly coat.
- **For a yummy way to mix it up, you can also add quartered, boiled, small red potatoes (But you may want to double the dressing)
- This salad is best when its had a chance to sit for a while (or even over night) in the fridge, just make sure you toss it well before serving!
The Cookninjamama Vancouver, WA
The Rating5 people
I REALLY do love your asian cucumber salad recipe! I will post a variation if trying it without the salt bath makes it any more crisp. I am definately going to try your green bean and tomato salad next. It looks too outrageously good to pass up! Than...moredamiadedannon in loved it
I have made this twice now and everybody still wants me to make it again,raventx1 in Houston loved it
Great recipe for the green beans my. mother-in-law brought from Michigan and the mini heirloom tomatoes I had in the fridge from Trader Joe's. Also threw in a handful of slivered almonds. Thanks for posting!karnelson84 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!