Beer-Brined Grilled Pork ChopsFrom superfoodman 5 years ago
- BRINE shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups dark lager beer shopping list
- 1/4 cup kosher salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses shopping list
- 1 cup ice cubes shopping list
- 6 (1 to 1-1/4-inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops shopping list
- RUB - (Increase amounts if stronger flavor is desired) shopping list
- 7 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves shopping list
- oil for the grill grate shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine the water, beer, kosher salt, sugar, and molasses. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolves. Stir in the ice.
- Place the pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the beer brine over the pork chops; seal the bag. Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high heat. Remove the pork chops from the beer brine, discard the brine and pat the chops dry. For the rub, in a small bowl mix the garlic, pepper, salt and sage. Rub the garlic mixture over both sides of the pork chops.
- Oil the grill by dipping a wad of paper towels in oil and brushing across the grate using long tongs to prevent burns.
- Grill the pork chops over direct heat until instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of chops registers 145 to 150 degrees - 8 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Occasionally move chops to cooler part of the grill if flare-ups occur or if the meat is burning. Transfer chops to platter; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Cooksuperfoodman Metropolis, IL
The Rating8 people
This should be great. I think it will be even better if you leave it in the fridge to marinate over night and shake the bag now and then. The salt will tend to toughen the meat a bit but this will give great flavor without the salt, for those on a lo...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
A very goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
High 5!!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!