Hobgoblin Chocolate Fudge Cake and FillingFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups Hobgoblin ale (or similar malty stout beer) shopping list
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter shopping list
- 1 cup demerara sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dark cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup malted barley flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups full fat sour cream shopping list
- --Filling-- shopping list
- 1/2 cup Hobgoblin ale shopping list
- 1 tsp demerara sugar shopping list
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 cups sifted icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease and line two 9" spring-form pans.
- In a large saucepan, combine stout and coffee with the butter and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in brown sugar until blended, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder, whisking well until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs and sour cream together well.
- Beat in the slightly cooled beer mixture.
- Fold flour mixture into the batter until everything is completely combined.
- Bake cakes about 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely in tins before turning out, filling and frosting.
- For filling:
- In a small pot, cook stout and brown sugar over low heat until reduced to 2 tbsp.
- Chill completely.
- Cream together the cream cheese, shortening and butter until creamy.
- Beat in the reduced stout and vanilla, then gradually add icing sugar to your desired consistency.
- Chill 2 hours before use, store unused portions in the refrigerator or freeze.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
sounds fantastic a must try thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
sounds heavenly! thanks for the post.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it