blue cheese vidalia onionsFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 2 large vidalia onions or other sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut up shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed shopping list
- Grilled burgers topped with bacon or grilled steaks shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Fold a 36x18-inch piece of heavy foil in half to make an 18-inch square. Place onion slices in center of foil. Dot with butter. Bring up opposite edges of the foil; seal with a double fold. Seal remaining edges with double folds to completely enclose the onions, leaving space for steam to build.
- 2. For a charcoal grill, place the packet on rack of covered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until onions are just tender; turn packet once or twice during cooking. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Grill as above.)
- 3. In a large bowl combine crumbled blue cheese, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and dillweed. Use a slotted spoon to add onions to the cheese mixture; toss to coat. Serve on grilled burgers topped with bacon, or with grilled steaks. Makes 8 servings.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating5 people
Great topping - what could be better on a burger, or better yet a grilled steak. High five - and thanks for sharing this recipe!!dixiesmom in Winnipeg loved it
Oooh yummy! This sounds so good! I can't wait to try this next time I make burgers. Thanks for sharing!kelly14843 in Hornell loved it
Next time we grill, this is on it!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!