Nigella Lawsons Caramel Croissant PuddingFrom lizzconn 3 years ago
- If you have any stale croissants in your kitchen, you are in for a treat. Deeply luscious and easy to make, this is an all-too manageable indulgence. shopping list
- 2 stale croissants shopping list
- 100g caster sugar shopping list
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons water shopping list
- 125ml double cream shopping list
- 125ml full-fat milk shopping list
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Tear the croissants into pieces and put in a small gratin dish; I use a cast iron oval one with a capacity of about 500ml for this.
- Put the caster sugar and water into a saucepan, and swirl around to help dissolve the sugar before putting the saucepan on the hob over a medium to high heat.
- Caramelize the sugar and water mixture by letting it bubble away, without stirring, until it all turns a deep amber colour; this will take 3–5 minutes. Keep looking but don’t be too timid.
- Turn heat down to low and add the cream – ignoring all spluttering – and, whisking away, the milk and bourbon. Any solid toffee that forms in the pan will dissolve easily if you keep whisking over low heat. Take off the heat and, still whisking, add the beaten eggs.
- Pour the caramel bourbon custard over the croissants and leave to steep for 10 minutes if the croissants are very stale.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes and prepare to swoon.
- ADDITIONAL INFO
- If you don’t have any bourbon in the house, first may I say, please consider it, and second, replace it, rather, with rum; Scotch whisky may seem the obvious substitute but it would be the wrong one I feel.
The Cooklizzconn Naas Co Kildare, IE
The Rating2 people
I love bread pudding made with croissants!!...and the fact that it's Nigella Lawsons recipe makes it even more intriguing.... :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
So she's a comedian already. Rassis Croissants mon ami, bon chance? Pour Croissants ji four.
Looks delicious but I usually try to avoid things like this while I can still see my toes without bending over too far. You get a five for temptat...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it