Lime and Spice Grilled Chicken BreastsFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 3/4 c canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 c lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 c orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs each minced garlic and jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken breasts(about 3-1/2 lbs) shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro shopping list
- Garnish:chopped cilantro,lime and orange wedges. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oil,lime juice,orange juice,garlic , jalapeno pepper and salt in a med. bowl. Transfer 1 c lime juice micture and sugar to a 2 gallon ziploc bag;seal bag and turn a few times to mix. Add chicken breasts;turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate overnight,occasionally turning bag. Reserve remaining lime juice mixture(about 2/3 c )
- Brush grill with oil or coat with non-stick grilling spray. Heat outdoor grill or indoor grrill pan over med-high heat.
- Put reserved lime juice mixture and cilantro in blender. Blend till smooth
- Remove chicken breasts from bag(discard liquid in bag). grill chicken 5 to 6 mins,turning once,until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Place chicken on a platter. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fruit if desired. Serve hot or room temperature with cilantro sauce.