Chili Rellenos In ReverseFrom alisdhair 3 years ago
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 overtly large poblano chilies shopping list
- Half a cup of shredded Jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup of grated asadero cheese shopping list
- ¾ cup of spicey chorizo (cooked) shopping list
- A deep-frying set up with veg. oil shopping list
- ---SAUCE--- shopping list
- 5 large very ripe plumb tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 3-4 smoked chipotle peppers + 3 tbls. of the adobo sauce shopping list
- 8 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup of sweet white wine shopping list
- Roux blanc shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- ---cilantro SPLASH--- shopping list
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- ¼ cup of olive oil shopping list
- The juice of 2-3 limes shopping list
- 1 oz. of tequila shopping list
- ---BATTER--- shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- Half a cup of cerveza negra (but not Guinness) shopping list
- A pinch of salt shopping list
- flour shopping list
- --- shopping list
- and perhaps some milk of Magnesia or Rolaids shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE CHICKEN: Pound out the chicken breasts to a thickness of ¼ of an inch. The peppers should have been fire roasted, peeled and cleaned but left in one large piece. Set one on top of each flattened chicken breast.
- Chop up the chorizo very small and mix it into both of the cheeses. Spread a layer of this on top of the roasted chilies. Roll the whole thing up in an egg-roll fashion. Tooth picks or wooden skewers can be used to keep them together.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Cut the tomatoes in half and the onion into large chunks. Toss them along with the garlic cloves in just enough olive oil to coat them. Roast them in a very hot oven until they well browned and even a little blackened.
- Place them into a large saucepan with the stock, cream, wine, chilies and adobo sauce and gently simmer for about half an hour.
- If you are blessed with a stick blender use that or else use a food processor to purée it. Strain it well and reduce a little further thinkening it with the roux.
- FOR THE CILANTRO: Simply put everything into a food processor and chop it in pulses to a fairly loose consistency.
- FOR THE BATTER: Beat the egg whites to the soft peak stage. GENTLY mix in the beer and 3-4 tbls. of the flour. This must be used immediately so prepare it just before frying the chicken.
- Coat the chicken rolls in flour and then plummet them into the batter. Go immediately from the batter into the fryer. They should not take too long to cook so finish them completely in the fryer.
- Serve topped with the sauce and with the cilantro drizzled over. Also with the cliché black beans and spiced rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
The Rating5 people
Another "5"FORK!!!!! recipe~
I feel certain that it will be
worth the preparation time!
I like the 'photo'~ Is this the representation of
the 'face' of the 'partaker' of the recipe
moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
No aprehender su espanol (hace tuerto) pero su receta hace un creacion de cinco tenedor, tambian mucho aprecio.
Hace siempre cinco tenedor, siempre.
El tenedor del diablo esta usted.
Con much gusto. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Ooooooo I am hungry now.....*****high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!