Beet SaladFrom darbar 6 years ago
- 4 medium red or golden beets (4 ounces each), stems and root ends removed shopping list
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sunflower-seed oil shopping list
- 2 ounces lowfat goat cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Wrap each beet in foil. Roast until soft, about 1 hour. Cool slightly; remove foil. Rub off skins; cut into wedges. Toss with nuts and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add oil; toss. Divide among 4 plates; crumble cheese on top.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating4 people
Just had this salad last night when a friend brought it to my house for a dinner. She used gorganzola cheese in place of the feta. I would recommend any mild blue as this was way yummy. Don't add the cheese and walnuts until just before serving. ...morepeachycook in Roswell loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!