PestoFrom dixonrohr 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, picked from the garden shopping list
- 2 clove garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1/4 cup ounces extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or romano cheese (optional) shopping list
- add salt to taste, a few pinches shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet brush with olive oil and heat. Add the pine nuts and toast over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, grind or chop the toasted pine nuts, basil, garlic, and salt until it forms a paste
- Transfer to a high bowl
- Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice, beating the mixture all the while with a wooden spoon. If you want an easier method you can slowly add the olive oil and lemon juice into the food processor or blender.
- The pesto can be stored in jars, topped with extra-virgin olive oil, for several weeks.
The Cookdixonrohr Summit, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!