Dobos Torta- Hungarian Drum CakeFrom paprikamama 8 years ago
- 12 eggs shopping list
- 12 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 12 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. hot water shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- butter frosting : shopping list
- 1 (1 lb ) box confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 lb. sweet butter shopping list
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. cocoa shopping list
- Cream sugar and butter well, add cocoa, mixing in well. frost cake. shopping list
How to make it
- seperate eggs.
- add water and sugar to egg yolks, beat until lemon colored.
- sift flour once, measure sifted flour with baking powder, and add to yolk mixture, folding in.
- fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- bake in 3 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- when cool, cut layers in half to get 6 thinner cakes.
- fill each layer with frosting and frost outside of cake.
- I usually grind some walnuts up and add them to the sides of the cake...then I take some sugar and melt it in a pan and when slightly cooled , I pour on top of cake. before the melted sugar completely cools, make indentation in the sugar to make it easier to slice the cake. so you should have 4 lines going across top of cake to have 8 slices.