Pad ThaiFrom marikak 9 years ago
- 1 lime, cut in 4 wedges for garnish shopping list
- 5 garllic cloves, pressed shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 bag of thai rice or glass noodles (400 grams) soaking in hot water for 5 shopping list
- minutes). shopping list
- unsalted peanuts, crushed and cooked as in toasted in oven till golden shopping list
- brown for a few minutes shopping list
- shrimp or chicken about 2 filets chicken breast, if chicken cubed, small pieces, you can cook and shopping list
- cut up ahead of time, saves time or shrimp which I prefer shopping list
- white soja sprouts, uncooked, for decoration at the end , optional shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- thai chili pepper, for adding at the end if you like piquante shopping list
- paprika powder shopping list
- lots of olive oil or cooking oil shopping list
- Thai fish sauce (3 Tbsp.) shopping list
- tamarind juice or tamarind pulp that you've soaked in hot water ( 4 Tbsp) shopping list
- white sugar ( 4 Tbsp) shopping list
- wok or skillet shopping list
How to make it
- Soak uncooked thai noodles in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Heat up your wok with 2 _tbsp. oil and add in your onion, 3/4 of it and all garlic cloves _pressed, stir until just lightly golden and then add in your softened rice noodles..
- stir and let soften even more for a few minutes with _garlic and onion, take the whole thing out and put in bowl.
- Add _another 2 Tbsp. oil in wok or skillet, add tons of paprika when dark red , add in your rice noodles and stir, you can then add your _cooked shrimp or chicken and add following sauce , which have been _mixed together in small bowl seperately : _3 Tbsp. fish sauce +4 Tbsp.white sugar+ 4 Tbsp.tamarind juice .
- Add the sauce to the noodles and meat , stir for a few minutes, so _rice noodles are not sticking and then once again take out the noodles _and put in bowl.
- Add yet another 1-2 Tbsp. oil to wok or skillet, crack an egg in wok _and stir quickly, so egg is in little strips, cooked .
- . Add the thai rice noodles and stir in with egg.
- I always add a _second portion of the above sauce (fish +sugar+ tamarind juice with _same amount as above) to give more taste to the pad thai.
- Stir for 2 more minutes.
- In plates, garnish with fresh chopped onion (what's left over) , chopped toasted peanuts, washed but uncooked soja sprouts, _garnish of lime to splash on when ready to eat .
People Who Like This Dish 41
The Cookmarikak Sognes, FR
The Rating5 people
this sounds sooo yummy...and I know my daughter will love it...hubby too...LOL..Thankspaprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
wow yummy thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!