Apple Cheese Walnut BreadFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup of sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup of grated granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar ( I like upstate New York White) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of pecans or walnuts chopped (whichever nut you like best) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter and the sugar very thoroughly, quite flluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix and sift the flour, powder, soda, salt and ginger.
- Add to butter sugar mix alternatly with the apples.
- Stir in cheese and nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased loaf pan (8 x5 x3)
- Bake for 350 degrees for one hour or until it tests done.
- Cool on rack.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!