Lemon BreadFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- grated rind of one whole lemon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/ 1/2 cups of chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/3 cup of sugar shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, milk and lemon rind.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts, mix lightly.
- don't over beat or it will get tough.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until it tests done.
- Immediately pour over the loaf, the 1/3 cup of sugar and lemon glaze whiile the bread is still hot!.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Wrap well in foil and refrigerate.