Crockpot Mexican Chicken With Green Chile RiceFrom hungrybear 3 years ago
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1- inch pieces shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 3-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, for serving shopping list
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Layer squash, bell pepper and chicken in crockpot.
- Mix tomatoes, salsa, raisins, cinnamon and cumin. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until squash is tender and chicken juice is no longer pink.
- Mix rice and chilies.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker, using slotted spoon. Serve on rice. Stir sauce in cooker. spoon over chicken and vegetables.