Chicken Sautéed With Cheese & MilkFrom chef2 4 years ago
- Chicken Sautéed with Cheese & Milk shopping list
- 4 chicken thigh fillets shopping list
- about 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 large thin slices of fontina cheese (I used grated cheddar, but feel free to use whatever cheese you wish, I think gruyere or manchego might also be nice) shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- salt shopping list
- - shopping list
How to make it
- Pound the chicken thigh fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap with a meat mallet until they are a bit thinner and of even thickness.
- - Mix the flour with the paprika and dust the chicken in this mixture. Shake off excess flour.
- - Heat the oil in a large frying pan and when hot add the four chicken fillets. Cook over medium heat until the undersides are golden brown. Turn and season the cooked sides with salt. When golden underneath, flip again and season the newly cooked sides.
- - Put a slice of cheese over each fillet so it more or less covers it completely. Add the milk to the pan, cover, and cook until the cheese has melted and there is a bubbly, thickened sauce. Make sure the chicken is completely cooked but do not overcook.
- - Remove from the heat but leave the lid on the pan until just before you serve it so the cheese carries on melting. Serve hot.