B-52 Ice Cream PieFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 cups (500 mL) chocolate wafer crumbs, about 40 to 50 chocolate wafer cookies shopping list
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 3 cups (750 mL) chocolate ice cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Irish cream liqueur shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) instant coffee granules shopping list
- 4 cups (1 L) vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange-flavoured liqueur shopping list
- Chocolate curls and candied orange slices (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Place wafer crumbs in a large bowl. Stir in butter until evenly moist. Firmly press over bottom and up sides of a 9-in. (23-cm) pie plate. Bake in centre of oven until firm, 5 to 7 min. Place in freezer to cool, about 20 min.
- When crust is cool, measure chocolate ice cream into a bowl. Cut into small chunks. Drizzle Irish cream liqueur overtop and mix in as best you can. It's okay if ice cream is lumpy, but don't let it melt completely or pie will lose volume. (Mixture should resemble a very thick milkshake.) Spoon into cooled crust and spread evenly. Freeze until firm on top, about 15 min.
- Meanwhile, measure out orange juice concentrate. In a small bowl, stir coffee granules with 1 tsp (5 mL) warm water. When bottom layer is firm, measure 2 cups (500 mL) vanilla ice cream into a bowl. Stir in coffee. Dollop over chocolate layer, then evenly spread over top. Freeze until top is firm, about 15 min.
- Place remaining 2 cups (500 mL) of vanilla ice cream into another bowl. Stir in orange juice concentrate and orange-flavoured liqueur. Dollop over coffee layer, then evenly spread over top. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. (Overwrap with foil if freezing for longer than overnight. Can be frozen for up to one week.)
- For easy serving, place pie on counter and uncover. Let sit for about 10 min, just until you can slice. Top with chocolate curls and candied orange slices, if you wish.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!