Sushi RiceFrom rodeogirl73 8 years ago
How to make it
- Before cooking the rice, rinse several times in running water until the water runs clear.
- Drain in a colander for about 1 hour.
- Cook on the stovetop or in an electric rice cooker according to the package directions.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine vinegar, sugar, & salt.
- Stir gently to dissolve salt & sugar.
- Cool to room temperature.
- While the rice is still warm, transfer to a large non-reactive bowl.
- Gradually drizzle the vinegar mixture over the rice, fanning the rice as you go.
- Use a rice paddle to mix gently without mashing the grains.
- Keep the rice covered with a damp cloth at room temperature until ready to make sushi.
- But do not let sit out in room temp more than 1-1/2 hours. Refrigerate unused portions..