Lentil SoupFrom chuckieb 4 years ago
- 3 cups red lentils shopping list
- 7- 9 cups water (or vegetable broth) shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- lots of freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2-3 medium sized ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place lentils, water and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat to the slowest possible simmer and cook quietly, partially covered, for 20-30 minutes. At this point, I sometimes feel that the 'broth' has become quite thick because of the lentils, so I add another 1-2 cups of water or broth so it looks like the right consistency.
- Add vegetables (except tomatoes), herbs, and black pepper. Partially cover, and let simmer for another 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and let soup cook for at least 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!