Italian Pot RoastFrom kitchenscientist 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 ounces) shopping list
- Several small potatoes (or large ones, halved) shopping list
- 1 large onion (cut into wedges) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried and crumbled) shopping list
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut 4 slits in beef roast; stuff slits with half the garlic.Season beef with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Cook beef until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. (You can skip this step if you want.)
- Place roast in crock pot. Add onion, potatoes, tomatoes, rosemary and leftover garlic. Cover and cook on high setting until meat is fork-tender, about 4-6 hours.