Almond Meal Waffles Gluten FreeFrom twilightrose 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 C. gluten free All Purpose Flour (Bob's red mill) shopping list
- 1/4 C. almond meal (made by grinding raw almonds in a coffee grinder or you can buy pre-ground) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed meal shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. Xanthan gum powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tbs. Agave shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 3/4 C. rice milk or other substitute shopping list
- 1/4 C. seltzer water shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. Spectrum shortening, melted (or other oil substitute) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together almond meal, flax seed meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and agave. In another bowl mix together egg yolks, rice milk, seltzer, shortening, and vanilla extract. Mix with electric mixer slowly pouring dry ingredients into the wet. Let sit.
- In another smaller bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Then fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter into heated waffle iron, cook till golden. Serve with fruit toppings, maple syrup, a scoop of ice cream, whatever you desire...
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktwilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!