Steak With Sauteed OnionsFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 6 (4oz) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 small red onion, cut into 6 wedges shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
- 6 tablespoons onion marmalade or orange marmalade shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender but not brown.
- Remove onion from skillet.
- Increase heat to medium high; add steaks to skillet; cook to desired doneness, turning once.
- After turning, sprinkle meat with basil and oregano.
- Remove meat from skillet; place on serving platter.
- Return onions to skillet; heat onions through.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in whipping cream.
- Spoon cream over steaks.
- Top each steak with marmalade and divide onions evenly among steaks.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
Love the sweet and the onion flavor. Wonderful post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This sounds great,love marmalade.I use cast iron and it seems to make my meat taste so much better.They have great pre-seasoned ones out or I have found some at tag sales.Great to keep your iron level up.Thanks for a great recipe!nanny in Haddam loved it