Fast Fish StockFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 lb. of bones and trimmings from any white fish/such as sole, flounder, whiting, including the heads, skin, bones with flesh. shopping list
- 1 onion sliced shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, cut in one inch pieces including the leaves shopping list
- 6 sprigs of flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 carrot cut in chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice shopping list
- 1 bay leave shopping list
- 1 large sprig of dill shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 4 cups of cold water (more as needed) shopping list
- 1 cup of dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- In a 6 quart enamel or non aluminum stockpot, melt the butter.
- Combine bones, trimmings, celery, onion, carrots, and seasonings. Toss in the half of lemon you just juiced too.
- Cook over medium heat for five minutes.
- Add the cold water and wine. Bring to a boil and then immediately lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Skim frequently to clear off the scum that collects on top of the liquid.
- Make sure all ingredients remain covered in liquid adding water as necessary.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Strain through a colander lined with a dampened cheesecloth, pressing down to extract all the flavor and as much liquid as you can.
- Freeze in one cup containers. Label them!!!