Chicken Peanut Thai NoodlesFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 1 lb whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, peeled shopping list
- 1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled shopping list
- ½ Cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- ¼ Cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 Cup hot water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- ½ Cup finely chopped white onion shopping list
- ½ Cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper shopping list
- 1 Cup cooked, shredded chicken breast shopping list
- ¼ Cup finely chopped cilantro leaves (missing in picture, it’s much better with cilantro) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- ¼ Cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook noodles according to package. Drain, rinse with cold water, place in large pasta bowl and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.
- 2. Place garlic and ginger in food processor until well chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Pulse until well combined and slowly add hot water. Set aside.
- 3. Place olive oil in hot skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in chicken breast, cilantro and salt. Stir until heated through.
- 4. Add sauce and chicken mixture to noodles. Toss to coat and garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds if desired.
- 6 servings