Skillet Tuna Noodle CasseroleFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups nonfat milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 12 ounces canned chunk light tuna, drained shopping list
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup(s) finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables; stir to coat. Add milk and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Stir in tuna, peas and 1/2 cup Parmesan until evenly incorporated. Then, stir in the noodles (the pan will be very full). Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the casserole with breadcrumbs and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Broil until bubbly and lightly browned on top, 3 to 4 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating3 people
Now that I have discovered the joys of canned tuna I am on the look out for more recipes to try. Shall give this a go. Looks yummy and healthy and that's always a bonus!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
I LOVE tuna noodle casserole, and this is great! :)chefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Val, this was great! My husband did 'dibs' on the left-overs for lunch! Thanks so much!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!