Warm Turkey And Spinach Salad With Crispy Pancetta And Cranberry VinaigretteFrom impssweetp 4 years ago
- Salad shopping list
- 2 small poblano peppers shopping list
- 4 cups chopped, cooked turkey shopping list
- 6 cups prewashed spinach shopping list
- 2 cups torn boston lettuce shopping list
- vinaigrette shopping list
- 2 oz pancetta shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced shallots shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- 2 tbs champagne vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare salad:
- Preheat broiler. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with your hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel and chop peppers.
- Combine peppers, turkey, spinach and lettuce in a large bowl.
- To prepare vinaigrette:
- Cook the pancetta in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove pancetta from pan; chop and set aside. Reserve 1 tbs of drippings in pan. Add shallots and garlic to pan and saute for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the cranberry sauce, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until warm.
- Pour warm vinaigette over the saad; toss. Top with pancetta. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 5 servings (serving size about 2 cups).