Coconut-mango CheesecakeFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 12 ozs cream of coconut, canned (Coco Lopez brand is recommended) shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 2 large fresh mangoes shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap outside of 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides with foil.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, coconut and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter and mix to blend.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in egg yolk.
- Add cream of coconut, whipping cream and shredded coconut; beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake cheesecake until puffed and golden, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; cool completely. Refrigerate until well chilled (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Puree 1/4 of mango slices in blender until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Sweeten to taste with sugar, if desired.
- Using small knife, cut around cheesecake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Arrange remaining mango slices decoratively over cheesecake.
- Serve with mango puree.
The Cookhopscotch CA
The Rating1 people
Oh, this sounds delish! I'm definitely putting this on my menu plan! UPDATE: Made this today and it is worth every second of effort! LOVE the "macaroon" type crust, the flavor, and the mango topping is the perfect accent!rhondalynne in Lake City loved it
Not a heavy cheesecake taste; we loved the macaroon crust and the flavor of the mango & coconut!rhondalynne in Lake City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!