Heirloom Bakery And Cafe's Sour Cream Coffee CakeFrom borinda 4 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 stick sweet butter - room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 Tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans shopping list
- 1/2 stick sweet butter - softened shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl stir all of the ingredients and then set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease and dust with dry breadcrumbs a 9" square baking pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add the eggs, one at a time, and mix just until incorporated. Then beat in the vanilla and sour cream to just blend.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter and egg mixture until no lumps remain.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Layer it with half the topping and then repeat with the rest of the batter and topping.
- Bake until the coffee cake puffed and golden and a toothpick (as tester) comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!