Chicken Shish KabobFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup Trader Joe's brand Island Soyaki (or an equivalent w/pineapple juice, sesame seeds, soy sauce, etc.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- Kabobs: shopping list
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 zucchini shopping list
- 1 yellow squash shopping list
- 8-10 baby portabella mushrooms, cut in half shopping list
- 10+ baby heirloom tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the marinade ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate dish, put chicken cubes and ladle marinade in until it just covers the meat.
- Cut the zucchini and squash into chunks. Add all veggies into the remaining marinade in mixing bowl.
- Cover both dishes and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. If possible, check on it every few hours and shake it up to be sure all the flavors are getting into the meat and veggies.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least an hour before grilling in order to ensure that they wont burn on the grill.
- Preheat your grill, I set mine at high. I also add a bit of water and some liquid smoke to the bottom try of my indoor grill.
- Take chicken and veggies out of refrigerator and put on skewers, alternating orders. Once you have all the skewers ready to go, put them on the grill and cover, then turn after 2-3 minutes and let cook on other side for 3 minutes. Remove from grill. I serve this with couscous but feel free to be creative!
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!