Grilled Zucchini With Garlic And Lemon Butter BasteFrom ecoveg 9 years ago
- 8 medium zucchini (about 2 1/2 pounds), trimmed, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon frozen unsweetened lemon juice concentrate or 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat barbecue (medium heat).
- Score cut side of zucchini halves diagonally about 1/4 inch deep at 1-inch intervals.
- Melt butter with lemon juice concentrate, lemon-pepper seasoning, garlic powder, oregano, and curry powder in heavy small saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush seasoned butter on cut side of zucchini.
- Place zucchini on grill and cook until charred on all sides and just beginning to soften, about 12 minutes.
- If desired, arrange zucchini on grill, cut side up, and sprinkle with cheese; close lid of barbecue and cook until cheese just softens, about 1 minute.
- Transfer zucchini to platter.