Baklava BarsFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2 (16.5 oz) pkgs. sugar cookie dough shopping list
- 1-1/2 c chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1-1/3 c granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c butter,softened shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1 (1.90 oz) box frozen mini phyllo shells,thawed and crumbled shopping list
- 1/3 c honey shopping list
- 2 TB butter shopping list
- 1 TB brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350' Spray 13x9" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using hands ,press sugar cookie dough evenly into bottom of pan. Bake 15 to 18 mins.
- In med. bowlplace walnuts,sugar,1/4 c butter,and allspice. Using fork,stir together until mixture is well combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle walnut mixture over partially baked cookie crust. Sprinkle crumbled phyllo shells over walnut mixture. Bake 25-30 mins or till golden brown.
- In small micro-safe bowl,place honey,2 TB butter,brown sugar,lemon zest and lemon juice. Microwave,uncovered,on high for 1 min 30 sec. ot till bubbly. Stir in vanilla
- Drizzle honey mixture over baked cookie mixture. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack,about 2 hours. Cut into 9 large squares. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.