Chocolate Cupcakes With Peppermint ButtercreamFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Peppermint Buttercream: shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract shopping list
- 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until sugar is fully dissolved. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until completely mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until all clumps of flour have been dissolved.
- Add milk and vanilla, and stir until batter is smooth and velvety. Pour into greased or lined muffin tins and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from heat.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in tins, then remove and let cool outside of tins for at least 1 hour.
- For Peppermint Buttercream, cream butter for 45-60 seconds. Add powdered sugar, and beat by hand, or with an electric mixer until mixture comes together and makes peaks. Add cream, peppermint extract, and food coloring if desired, and beat for 45-60 more seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once cupcakes are fully cooled, add Peppermint Buttercream. Serve with coffee or milk.