Marinade For Grilled Bbq ChickenFrom kimmer 6 years ago
- 1 quart buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 8 chicken leg quarters shopping list
- 2 gallon size plastic baggies shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix buttermilk, shallots, garlic, salt, sugar, cumin, and pepper.
- Rince leg quarters and pat dry. Place leg quarters in baggies filled with the buttermilk brine. ( 4 chicken pieces per bag) Close and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight. (overnight is best)
- Lift chicken from brine; discard brine. Wipe excess from chicken with paper towels.
- For a two burner gas grill - Cover one burner side of grill with heavy duty foil, preheat grill with both burners on high for 10 minutes.
- When preheated, turn off burner covered in foil and turn other burner to medium.
- Place chicken pieces, meat side down on uncovered, heated side for a few seconds or so just to get the lovely grill marks.
- Then transfer (meat side up now) to the other foil covered side. Cook for 25 minutes, covered. Watch carefully!
- Turn chicken pieces and slather with your favorite bbq sauce. Personally I prefer a honey bbq sauce. Seems to go good with the marinade mixture.
- Cover and cook for another 20 - 25 minutes (really depends on the size and how many of your leg quarters) or until chicken is done and juices are clear.
- Turn off burner. Slather chicken once again with bbq sauce, close lid and let rest while you get everything else on the table.
The Cookkimmer Dunedin, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!